General requirements for SIMS ID
The recommended minimum hardware for making use of the SIMS ID Platform effectively is driven by the minimum specification to run the current versions of supported browsers. This specification should be easily exceeded by a PC purchased within the last three years. Whilst variations on the specification (and earlier versions) may work we cannot confirm compatibility or support for them.
SIMS ID is designed to work with the latest browsers. SIMS ID supports the current or immediately previous version of Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge. We recommend using the most up-to-date browser that is compatible with your operating system.
For the best security and functionality, keep your web browser up to date. If you're using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer, your browser is kept current by using Windows Update. If you're using another browser and need to upgrade to the latest version, go to the website for your browser:
If you use older browsers and versions of Office that are not in mainstream support:
- SIMS ID won’t deliberately prevent you from connecting to the service, but the quality of your experience will diminish over time.
- SIMS ID won’t provide code fixes to resolve non-security related problems.
The supported browsers for SIMS ID are the same as the supported browsers for Office 365. They will also support Google services.
SIMS ID partner applications.
The various applications that are populated by SIMS ID or benefit from Single Sign On with SIMS ID may have different minimum requirements to the SIMS ID product. Links to the common applications minimum specifications are below.
Office 365 Online services
The minimum supported browsers for Office 365 Online can be found at: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Office-Online-browser-support-…
Use of Microsoft Office Applications with Office 365 Online.
The version(s) of Microsoft office that are compatible with Office 365 Online can be found here:
https://products.office.com/en-Gb/office-system-requirements Please refer to the section on “Office 365 plans for business, education, and government”
The minimum supported browsers for Google Apps can be found at: https://support.google.com/a/answer/33864?hl=en
Internet Browsers settings
Some sites may require adding to the ‘Trusted Sites’ list in Internet Explorer, an example of this is the Microsoft SharePoint element of office 365. Some Partner sites may require:
- Pop-ups for the sites should be enabled;
- ActiveX controls should be enabled;
- Microsoft Silverlight may be required. It is highly recommended that latest publically released version is installed.
- Adobe Flash Player may be required. It is highly recommended that latest publically released version is installed.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader may be required. It is highly recommended that latest publically released version is installed.