We’ve all been there: a hectic day, meaning that when completing a marksheet, a section is accidentally left unfinished. This might sound like a real cause for concern, but SIMS can help.
When looking at a marksheet entry, it is possible to mark this as ‘complete’, even when there are some missing results. This will then appear as ‘complete’ when navigating to Assessment | Template. This simple user error can be mitigated by using a Missing Results Report.
To look for missing results, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to ‘Reports’ | ‘Assessment’ | ‘Missing Results Report’
- Select the Result Set you wish to examine
- Click ‘Search’, the logo of which is represented by a pair of binoculars
- This shows the marksheets which are using that result set. Select, by ticking the box, the marksheets you wish to examine
- It is possible to change the Effective Date for the students, or the Group, to help refine results
- To complete the report, click ‘Populate’, represented by a globe icon
- Any students with missing marks will display within the ‘missing results’ panel
- From here, you can either export to Excel, print the report, or select an individual report student to print by selecting ‘Print’ | ‘Print this Detail’
Further information can be found within the Exams & Assessment section of the documentation centre which can be accessed via the top right corner of your SIMS homepage. You will also find a range of other useful handbooks, tutorials, and quick reference sheets relevant to your role within the SIMS Documentation area.